Izumi Tonic Strengthening & Thickening Rice Water Hair Serum
What it is: A lightweight, thickening hair serum infused with Japanese-sourced rice water that hydrates, repairs damage, reduces split ends, and strengthens fragile hair while leaving hair soft and shiny.
Hair Type: Straight, Wavy, Curly, and Coily
Hair Texture: Fine and Medium
- Damage, Split Ends, and Breakage
- Leaves hair 30x stronger and increases hair diameter*
- Reduces split ends up to 91 percent and protects against future damage*
- Leaves hair strands soft, smooth, and shiny
- Rice Water: Rich in amino acids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help restore damage and prevent future breakage.
- Ceramides: Lock in moisture and hydration while strengthening strands.
What Else You Need to Know: Inspired by yu-su-ru, the centuries-old Japanese beauty tradition of bathing hair in rice water, the Izumi Tonic range is formulated with rice water, which is known to restore hair damage, prevent future breakage, and reveal healthier and smoother hair. This leave-in treatment serum is powered by ceramides, perfect to thicken and increase hair diameter for hair lacking volume. Discover a lightweight formula that easily absorbs into hair to nourish and thicken without weighing it down. The precious rice water ingredient is sourced from Hyogo, Japan in an eco-friendly manner. (*System of shampoo, treatment, serum vs. non-conditioning shampoo.)
Fragrance Description: A vibrant woody, musky fragrance that reinterprets a breathtaking rice field horizon. Opening with bergamot and lemon top notes infused in a heart of precious ylang-ylang, iris, sweet rice water, it also contains base notes of sandalwood with vanilla.
Clinical Results: In a controlled study using a system of Izumi Tonic Shampoo, Mask and Serum
- Hair diameter is thicker, hair is shinier
- Hair is 30x stronger*
* When used system of Izumi Tonic Shampoo + Mask + serum vs. non. Conditioning shampoo
- Appearance of split ends is reduced by 91%**
**When used system of Izumi Tonic Shampoo + Mask + serum vs. non. Conditioning shampoo